Thursday, May 19, 2011

Brian Childers.



What is Childering? Why do you think watches are "capitalistic devices to keep us under control?"

Well, Childering is a term you invented for my problems with procrastination. I come from the great land of procrastinators - it's just "too hot out there" so we chill as long as possible. Watches - they're bad news. It's just a way to keep you under control. You'll always be saying, "I'm so busy, I'm too busy." Fuck that. If you're gonna wear that watch set it to the wrong time. In France, the Situationalists take a map of one city, then go to a completely different city and try to follow the same map. You have to disrupt the flow.

Brain is from Jacksonville, Florida. He rode for Santa Cruz and Ezekiel Clothing. Based on the interview I took the quote from, he possibly might have been smoking a little too much weed at the time. Not that there is anything fundamentally wrong with that, but it doesn't hurt to cut down on the stuff either. I've never smoked pot, but I'm now seeing how burned out some of my friends from college are after all these years. That's my advice to the kids: chill on the marijuana usage.

Lance Dalgart was the photographer.

Thrasher - August 1998 Volume 18 Number 8

6 comments:

smorales said...

what dude? You don't think the Shake Junt crew will be sharp as nails in 10 years?

Justin said...

Nah, they'll be living comfortably off of fried chicken shaped wax and graphic griptape royalties.

Childers said...

Damn... Justin you nailed it. Aren't you clever. I am comfortable, quite comfy at that, thank-you. I'm wondering, how are you doing?

Justin said...

I'm fine. Thanks for asking. Sorry.

Justin said...

Did you know a Billy and Emily from Jacksonville? I met them in Arkansas a long time ago now and they knew you.

Nike Tyson said...

Billy and Emily? uhhhh maybe. Naw I'd like to find out how I know them though. I'm always blown away by the "bro, we used to skate together all the time" and "remember that time so n so did this n that and dude we were legends..." I'm just trying to dodge cigarette burns and keg spray and wondering why the fak did I come here! Maybe your right, the brownies were a lil too strong. ??? I guess if I have to ask....
Nah, it's all good, I'll admit the fried chicken shaped wax bit was awesome. I checked out some more of your stuff and found some good bits...
ya friggin skate nerd. ;)
How can I get all the old eastern exposures on DVD?