Tuesday, September 22, 2026
Dan Drehobl #37.
Decay of modern society.
It's neat to see how Etnies developed the aesthetic for Emerica in their last couple ads under the old name. Yogi Proctor was the graphic designer and he had a vision for what the artwork should be. Emerica has more or less stayed consistent with this look over the decades. Obviously there will be changes as time passes, but they haven't strayed too far from the original concepts.
I don't associate Dan with Etnies as much as I do with Emerica. This must've been his first ad for Etnies since I don't recall any others. He had his fair share of ads for Emerica in the later 1990s and early 2000s before he switched to Vans. It's also a little odd to see him wearing the Etnies shirt since he usually wears thrift store tees, plain shirts or button downs.
Thrasher - April 1996 Volume 16 Number 4

No comments:
Post a Comment