Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Steve Berra #5.



Vibrant Colors.

I had at least three pairs of the Jim Shoe. I had green, brown, and tan for sure. I sort of feel like I had another color in there as well, but maybe not. Maybe it was only three. It seemed as the quality improved over the years. The green ones I had at first were a tad flimsy, but the last pair I had in tan were of improved construction. I might just be imagining that. Although it would make sense if a company kept a model in production over the years to make minor adjustments to improve it. The Jim Shoes had a solid cupsole and an OK upper that didn't have a ton of protection in the ollie area. The padding around the ankle was decent, if I recall correctly. I liked that they came in solid colors, too.

I know my wheels were that small back then as well, but that was a dumb phase.

I went to the bank on my lunch break yesterday. If I had known how relatively mild it was going to be, I would have brought my board and gone skating on my break instead. It would have been a better use of my time. The snow returned last night.

The photo is by Steve Sherman.

Transworld - November 1993 Volume 11 Number 11

No comments: