Thursday, April 12, 2018

Buster Halterman #3.



Out of the barn and into the fresh air.

Buster takes flip-in street style to the vertical realm. He used to ride for Schmitt Stix and Planet Earth back in the day. His famous spot was the vert ramp he had in his barn in Pennsylvania.

Lib-Tech is a skateboard, snowboard, and surfboard manufacturer that builds decks with wood, fiberglass, and other materials to produce a stronger board. I've never ridden one. They've been in business for a long time and Ben Krahn was on the team so they must be doing something right.

Dan Bourqui shot the sequence.

Transworld - October 2003 Volume 21 Number 10

6 comments:

Henry said...

So they were like early Powell Flight decks? I want to ride one of those and see what they're like, but the smallest width is 8". They don't make anything for skinny board holdovers like me.

Unknown said...

I remember ben krahn. I was at church of skatan in Santa Barbara and some girl asked clerked about ben. He said who is Ben krahn. I was like this clerk needs to be fired

Nonickname said...

Having checked out their site yestersday to see what was different with their decks you'll be happy to know Maurice they make 7.6 And 7.85's...however the graphics are...well that's up to you.

Henry said...

I checked their site too, but I didn't see that.
I don't want a regular Powell board, I want to try one of the wood / carbon fiber / whatever it is boards. They're supposed to be lighter. A board like that, with titanium trucks, and slim wheels...

nonickname said...

the thumbs up and seaweed decks are listed as available in 7.6" x 32", and 7.87" x 32 maybe drop em an email to see what they've got.

Unknown said...

Does anyone have one to purchase still?