Monday, August 27, 2018

Cody Lockwood.



Newest member of the Fiend Club.

Cody is from Klamath Falls, Oregon and grew up in Portland. He was pro for Bryce Kanight's Lifeblood skateboards up until very recently when Bryce decided to end the company. Cody found a new home at Creature and put out a video part featuring transition and street shredding. He also helped build skateboard parks for Dreamland under the supervision of Mark "Red" Scott. His other sponsors include Nike, Thunder, Bones Wheels, and Jessup.

Transworld - January 2015 Volume 33 Number 1

6 comments:

Rikku Markka said...

He's an incredible skater and he just blazes through tricks in no time. He built a fantastic park in my city and is a real cool dude. He and his friend would work in the scorching heat, then come to the other skate park in town and skate with the locals, hang out and socialize, go to bars with some of the older guys etc, and do it all again until the park was complete. Unreal skater, great park builder, good dude.

-- Rikku Markka

Oakland Johnny said...

Hey, Cody...
Daniel Haney called; he want’s his hat back.

Seriously though, this guy is an ATV beast. Can not be faded!
I’m a little sad about the demise of Lifeblood, which I’ve long thought of as one of those ‘core companies. ...Hope the rest of the squad find new homes for their skills, as well.

Xeno said...

Mark "Monk" Hubbard of Grindline was the guy who passed. Mark "Red" Scott of Dreamland is still alive. Just felt like I needed to point that out.

Justin said...

Thanks, Xeno. I corrected my mistake. I took some notes from Cody's current Thrasher interview and I wrote down the wrong name.

Xeno said...

I used to get those names mixed up pretty bad up until recently. They both were a part of the early DIY/Burnside thing, both named Mark, both from the NW, both built legendary skateparks, both play music, both rip on a skateboard, etc...

Thanks for having a site to look at when I'm bored at work! Been checking it out for a few years now.

Justin said...

Dang it. I didn't get the correction right the first time. It's fixed now.

Thanks for checking out Vert Is Dead.