Monday, September 23, 2019

Andrew Reynolds #11.



Hey now, hey now, don't dream it's over.

The big news of the past week was that Andrew Reynolds left his shoe sponsor of twenty plus years. There's a vague rumor he might be going to Vans. Vans is an odd company to me. I'm a long standing supporter of the cupsole over anything vulcanized so I've never felt motivated to buy any of their kicks. Sole material aside, I don't particularly care for the bulk of their designs. On the other hand, Vans is selling a ton of shoes these days to people who skateboard and people who want to look like they skateboard. They are using the profits to invest back into skateboarding by building parks, hosting contests, and sponsoring skaters, which are all great things. I ultimately decided I'm OK with Vans, as the positives outweigh the negatives.

Big Brother - September 1999 Issue 52

1 comment:

Justin said...

I'm fighting a head cold so if there is not an update one or two days this week, that's why.