Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Eric Koston #13.



Lasers.

In hindsight, Eric probably should have stuck with éS until the Nike offer came along instead of putting in a pitstop at Lakai. Of course, it is way too easy to armchair quarterback somebody else's career 15 years after the fact. Moving on from that topic, we get another strong part from Eric in Fully Flared. I was a little surprised at some of the bigger gaps, stairs, and rooftops he did tricks off of for the video. I didn't realize he was still doing some Zero style stunts. You get plenty of high tech rail and ledge skating from Eric that is done with remarkable precision while the Public Enemy plays.

The sequence was photographed by Jeff Landi.

Thrasher - November 2006 Volume 26 Number 11

3 comments:

jaybird said...

Loved the lasors & PE. Always skated to a sick tracks. Slap fools hate the frank balck song but it’s a great song.

Justin said...

Eric's part in Yeah Right works great with Los Angeles, which is not a tune I'm very fond of. He was LA at the time. I don't care for solo Frank Black. He needs the rest of The Pixies to balance him out. Headache? Yup, it gives me a headache.

One of the complaints about Fully Flared were all the effects. I've been watching the video with the bias that something is wrong with it, but there sort of isn't. The special effects have thus far been fairly sparse. The slow motion doesn't seem overdone either, which was a big and somewhat justified complaint. I still have Guy and Marc's full parts to watch.

jaybird said...

Damn I love black’s solo music.