Thursday, November 17, 2022

Danny Montoya #6.



One step beyond.

The nollie heelflip champ does a switch backside kickflip in Mexico.

There's snow in the forecast. I'm glad I got skateboarding at the park for 25 minutes after work on Tuesday. That might be it for a while depending on how all this weather shakes out. I was hoping we would ride out November with a mild combo of rain, snow, winds, and sun with temperatures in the mid 30s to low 40s. Although after the current storm is done, we appear to stabilize to finish the month. Here's hoping there's not too much to dig out from.

Skateboarding has been feeling really good the last couple of months. I've been on an extended hiatus from beer so there's no day or two of feeling uncomfortable recovering from party time. That can't hurt. Also I've been mixing it up with skating the ledges in my driveway, the local park, and trips to the new park in Jamestown. Not that I have a big bag of tricks any more and ramps feel oddly uncomfortable, but this is the best skateboarding has felt in a bit. You're always going to have ups and downs obviously, however, I've been way more consistent and on point the last few months, even before I went on the break from beer. I'll take it for being old.

Ian Patrick O'Connor took the photo.

Slap - February 2008 Volume 17 Number 2

No comments: