Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Patrick Melcher #2.



"I love Chicago. I stay here now because the city is so full of life, man. You need, on top of skateboarding, to actually live your life. You just don't get that in Southern California. In Chicago, you've got the culture and energy and a nice sense of history. It's a great, vibrant place."

Green fire.

I like Melcher's approach to skateboarding. He will do a hurricane down a handrail or something gnarly and then mix it up with an odd footplant or transition trick. It's nice to see the variety.

It's probably for the best Vert Is Dead didn't get mentioned on Thrasher's Guide to the Internet.

For the quote: Thrasher - July 2001 Volume 21 Number 7

Thrasher - February 2002 Volume 22 Number 2

2 comments:

Nonickname said...

But if you had then you'd be defended to the death on Slap...

Justin said...

That's a grey area.

I quit checking Slap a couple years ago because I felt dumber after each time I browsed the message boards. I looked at it once when there was an appreciation post about this site that somebody told me about. That's it.

I feel they somehow know this and if they didn't, they do now. They probably hate me after this comment.