Monday, April 5, 2021

Timecode Soundtrack.



This is the credits page that came with Alien Workshop's 1997 Timecode video. The parts and songs in order are:

1. Josh Kalis: KMD - Gas Face Refill

2. Thomas Morgan: Love - Stand Out

3. Mike Hayes: Gang Starr - Who's Gonna Take The Weight

4. Interlude #3: J Mascis - Alone

5. John Drake: Black Attack - Verbal Attack

6. Fred Gall: Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave

7. Rob Dyrdek: Corbix - Blasphemy

8. Workshop Interlude: J Mascis - Untitled

9. Scott Conklin: The Jetty - Untitled

10. Bo Turner: Johnny Cash - Ring Of Fire

11. Ode To Duane Pitre: The Interstate 10

12. Lennie Kirk: Times Square Church Children's Choir - Highway To Heaven

I've seen the soundtrack listed in a couple places and it's never correct, probably due to the flat out obscurity of most of the songs.

For some reason, there's a section labeled Interlude #3, which consists of a scorching J Mascis guitar piece over video of utility wires, cooking chickens, and a burning car. The intro is a silent montage of Alien Workshop images. There's a clip of Thomas Morgan getting a tattoo before his part. If you count both of those, then you arrive at Interlude #3. That's my best guess.

I like how they added the sound of lasers whenever Mike Hayes does a laser flip. Also Josh Kalis hits a couple handrails. I've always assumed that Scott and/or Duane were involved in either The Jetty and/or Interstate 10. Or it was their friends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I’ve never seen this.

Nonickname said...

I'm guessing the Weis listed under external camera is Bill Weiss.

j said...

I’ve been looking for a mp3 of that Corbix track that dyrdek skated to for a very long time let me know if you can help me.

Justin said...

Good luck. I checked for Corbix on Discogs dot com and there was nothing. My guess is he gave Rob a demo tape and that's what was used in the video.

Justin said...

Given that Bill was friends with the Alien guys and how much of the video was filmed in Toronto, I'd say it has to be him.