Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Thom Hornung #2.



Haunted ollie.

Thom is from Louisville, Kentucky. He has ridden for a few companies over the years, including G & S, Maple, and Scarecrow. I think he is or was involved with the Otherness, a small board brand that sponsors Brent Atchley, Barker Barrett, and Shannon May. Thom also helped launch Home Skateshop in Louisville back in 1994.

Props to Mark Suciu and the British Tom Knox on the music choices in their latest video parts. See, we don't have to be stuck listening to oldies. You can use far better contemporary bands like Siouxsie & The Banshees and Cluster. It's easy.

Thrasher - March 1997 Volume 17 Number 3

3 comments:

nonickname said...

As much as I love songs about glamorous decapitated stars I wouldn't call that Siouxsie song new, but gawd damn is that part amazing. The mirrored tricks look so smooth.

Justin said...

But it doesn't sound old.

I am painfully aware of the irony of decrying oldies while singing the praises of songs that are 30 and 45 years old respectively.

nonickname said...

yep, that came out when I was in high school...so I'm painfully aware, but generally just in pain!