Monday, November 29, 2021

Landspeed Wheels.



Landspeed Record.

This is the first ad for Landspeed Wheels. The creative person behind the company was artist Rob Erickson and the wheels were distributed by Tum Yeto. The team was mostly East Coast heads, many of whom also rode for Toy Machine.

Skateboarding was weird for me in November. It dawned on me why things had been out of sync on Thanksgiving. Here's the run down:

Week 1: I set up a new board with new wheels.

Week 2: Tossed old shoes that were done and skated in new shoes that were not very good at all.

Week 3: Went back to an old pair of shoes that had a little life left, but really weren't great.

Week 4: I finally decided to break in a new pair of kicks. Things started to click after about five days. The clock change and less daylight didn't help much either.

Hooray for skateboarding. At least my new wheels are nice.

Transworld - June 1998 Volume 16 Number 6

No comments: