Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Tony Manfre.



"We were in Arizona filming for Bag of Suck and I think we had been giving Tony a hard time for a couple days, just zinging him a lot, but maybe we were being worse than I remember? Anyway, it reached a point where at a random stoplight he just opened the door to the van, got out and said, 'I quit.' I didn’t see him for years after that day. It was so badass. I respect him forever for that." - Jerry Hsu

Straight up legend.

I've been meaning to do a post on Tony for a while, but could never really find anything until I remembered he did the switch ollie at Wallenberg. He had a few tricks in the montage section of Bag of Suck. Tony is a producer/DJ these days and recently made the tunes for a part by Jereme Knibbs in a Santa Cruz video.

The photo sequence is by Luke Ogden.

For Jerry's quote: Thrasher - December 2019 Volume 40 Number 12

Thrasher - May 2002 Volume 22 Number 5

2 comments:

Skate Media Nerd said...

First time I'm seeing this sequence. Incredible. Imagine bombing the hill switch in the dark and then doing the switch ollie. May still be one of the best tricks to go down at this spot.

Justin said...

I didn't even think about night factoring in to the trick.