Friday, January 13, 2023

Elijah Akerley.



The Stoned Spork.

Elijah is from Lewiston, Maine. He recently turned pro for Black Label. He also rides for OJ Wheels and Indy. His spot selections tend toward a mix of ditches, natural transitions, pools, and the crusty streets. Elijah will do some surprising H-Street style tech moves as well as throw in a few Neil Blender inspired handouts. I bought his pro t-shirt last month because I like the Black Label, which has now been chugging along for a quarter century. Elijah gets a few bonus points for using Sonic Youth in his video part.

The picture is by Tadashi.

Thrasher - January 2023 Volume 44 Number 1

4 comments:

Justin said...

Elijah's 'Cross The Breeze part:

https://youtu.be/ufB1WPVuMNQ

Nonickname said...

They need more than one video angle of that parts last Ollie...

Justin said...

I thought there was a My War for this in Thrasher, but I couldn't find it. I either imagined it or it ran longer ago than I realized. Or it's in the new issue. I don't know. I keep thinking there were articles or interviews for stuff and then I can't find them.

Remember in college those books that had all the listings of research articles? What were they called? Abstracts? We need that for skateboarding.

Justin said...

There was a My War in the September 2022 issue of Thrasher. The still photo is shot from the front so you see Elijah coming at you.

I knew I wasn't making this up.