Thursday, January 12, 2023

Nyle Lovett.



Look Blue Go Purple.

Nyle is from Brazil, Indiana. He has the honor of being the first pro for Theories of Atlantis and was issued a board this past December. TOA also released a video part called Pyramid Park at the same time to showcase Nyle's talents in the big cities of the East Coast. His early influences were Habitat's Mosaic and Girl's Yeah Right! videos. He's got a really good command of technical ledge and manual skating. Nyle works at a printshop when he's not skateboarding.

Speaking of the Midwest, my favorite video of 2022 was Act Three in the Grains series by Kevin DelGrosso. It was also the only DVD I bought, but that's a coincidence and not related to the quality of Act Three. I like the look of small towns in the middle of country and how Kevin puts his videos together. I almost think I'm over buying skate videos. I've got so many of them that I never have the time to watch so it feels pointless to add to the collection. That being said, I'll almost always pick up any new DVD by a filmer or small company that documents skateboarding in out of the way places.

The photo is by Connor Noll.

Thrasher - September 2022 Volume 43 Number 9

1 comment:

Justin said...

A Theories of Atlantis interview with Nyle:

https://www.theoriesofatlantis.com/blogs/features/on-deck-nyle-lovett

His Pyramid Park part:

https://youtu.be/ucoTa_nY-Ps