Monday, March 27, 2023

Flo Mirtain.



The Old World.

I finally put together the week of Cliché that I had been meaning to do for ages. Although I think I might have left out a couple of my favorites from over the years. I'll get 'em next time.

Former New Deal rider Jeremie Daclin started Cliché in 1997. The company began as a European entity and eventually expanded to include skaters from the states. They partnered with Dwindle Distribution in 2006. Dwindle was really promoting them a lot in the early 2010s. Unfortunately Cliché bid adieu in 2016.

Flo is from Lyon, France. Back in the day he also rode for DVS, Matix, Venture, and Spitfire. His first board was a Hook Ups. He drinks Coca Cola and likes Daft Punk, Camille, and Architecture in Helsinki for tunes.

The photo is by Nicolas Huynh.

For the info: Skateboarder - December 2009 Volume 19 Number 4

Thrasher - December 2010 Volume 30 Number 12

2 comments:

Nonickname said...

Will this run blend into Jeremy's new Film enterprise? I bought some of their rails on SkateShop day but it's still Winter here so haven't put them on the setup I have in mind - maybe once my old man hockey ends next week it will dry up a little so I can skate the cobwebs off.

Justin said...

No Film. I wasn't sure if they were still going, but it looks like they are.

Is it OK to use "a" in front of European? I forgot that yesterday and when I added the "an" today, it did not read right.