Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Rob Welsh #8.



This ain't no picnic.

Wu-Welsh with a front crooks during the DC Shoes days. He would have switched over to Lakai by the middle of the year. Rob was riding for Aesthetics after Mad Circle had ended.

I checked out the Food Court Skatepark in the McKinley Mall on Sunday. It's up near Buffalo and somewhere between the towns of Hamburg and Orchard Park. The park is really nice and everybody was very friendly. I went when the Bills were away because I figured most of the crowd would be home watching the game. There were only maybe a dozen people skating so it was cool to get a feel for the place without getting in the way. There are an assortment of pyramids, table tops, banks, bars, and quarter pipes. There's a bowl, too. If you excel at doing ollies over pyramids, this is your spot. I did my usual dumb little ledge tricks and cruised around. I had fun and I'm looking forward to going back. Food Court also has a shop with a big selection of boards and some shoes. Yes, it was kind of weird skateboarding in a mall, but the 80s kid in me dug it.

This is way too good of a photo to go with my dumb story about visiting a skatepark.

Transworld - January 2000 Volume 18 Number 1

No comments: