Thursday, November 29, 2018

Tyler "Manchild" Pacheco.



The Prototype.

Tyler is from Los Angeles, California. He started skateboarding as a little kid. His first board was a Tony Hawk and he liked Steve Olson and Chad Muska as pros. Tyler believed Owen Wilson was actually doing the tricks in Yeah, Right! because he was still young when he saw the video. Stevie Perez helped get him on Girl and the first trip he went on was the Stay Flared tour in 2015. This was the combined Emerica and Lakai cross country trip. Tyler's most recent contribution to skateboarding is the hilarious and clever Lakai commercial for Tony's new pro model sneaker.

Tyler got his nickname from some of the older guys he would skate with. It's also worth noting that Vision pro Marty "Jinx" Jimenez sometimes used the alias Man Child when he would take photos.

Thrasher posted the finalists for SOTY. Some of these guys are a little younger than I thought they were. I'm thinking Evan Smith wins it. I voted for Austyn Gillette.

Thrasher - January 2018 Volume 39 Number 1

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah voted for Gillette too. But that Zion kid kills it

Justin said...

Zion is bonkers. 540 in a bowl plus the massive handrail attack.

They just did a Deluxe guy with Kyle Walker. Ishod and Grant weren’t that long ago either. That’s why I’m thinking somebody else wins it. I forgot about Joslin’s ledge tech part, too. I didn’t realize he was still 21. Everybody loves Tyshawn Jones, too.

I’m a little surprised I had two of the finalists posted for the week with Milton and Oskar. I put this batch of scans together really haphazardly, beyond Tyler and tomorrow’s dude.

Unknown said...

Good point about deluxe. Oh that is weird you had two of them