Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Vinnie Ponte #5.



Big pig powered frontside attack.

I appreciate the different angle on this photo. You get a sense of how high Vinnie is. I think this is a frontside air, although I sort of can't tell if it might be a wallride.

We got our first taste of snow over the weekend. It was nothing major and more annoying than anything. I noticed at work that there was a lot less snow along the immediate lake front so I checked out the park in the evening. There were a number of small drifts covering parts of most of the ramps, but the parking block, one ledge, and one flatbar were all dry. I got in a nice half hour of skateboarding when I wasn't really expecting to. It wasn't even that cold since Lake Erie is holding at about 48˚ F.

Congrats to Daisuke Ikeda for winning the 25th annual Tampa Am contest.

Transworld - August 1997 Volume 15 Number 8

2 comments:

nonickname said...

I'd say air, as opposed to a wallride, just due to the angle of the guys head on the ramp looking at him. But maybe he's just confused as Vinnie isn't wearing a puffy vest (or leather hat).

Justin said...

I'm pretty sure it's an air as well because of how Vinnie's left hand is probably grabbing the board. I'm not sure if this was in the Pig Wheels video because his part isn't on YouTube since he skated to AC/DC. The ramp to the right appears to be a flat bank so that had me questioning things. I didn't want to call it one trick and then have the peanut gallery correct me. Nobody ever has answers for legitimate questions, but if you forget so and so rode for a crappy fly by night company for six months, they will let you know.