Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Eswic.





Eswic was a clothing company started by Jimmy Arrighi around about 2011. Jimmy had been at RVCA and wanted to do something different. The team included Leo Romero, Dakota Servold, Cairo Foster, James Hardy, Corey Glick, David Reyes, Stevie Perez, and Jimmy Wilkins. Ed Templeton was initially involved, designed a few shirts, and then went back to RVCA. Dakota recently mentioned Eswic as a company that needs to come back so that sparked my interest in doing this post. I liked the team and t-shirts. I still have a few in the rotation, although I don't wear them very often since they are getting older. I used to put one of their logo stickers on my board for the longest time. The charting of unconventional courses came to an end in late 2017 or early 2018.

It was going to be Eswic week, but I couldn't find enough ads. They mostly ran lifestyle shots. I think they had more ads, but they probably didn't have the money and I was seeing their stuff on Twitter. Or my mind is playing tricks on me.

Leo: The Skateboard Mag - April 2013 Issue 109

Dakota: Transworld - September 2014 Volume 32 Number 9

Leo II: Transworld - January 2015 Volume 33 Number 1

No comments: