Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Robbie Gangemi #3.



Robbie uses his catlike reflexes to pounce into a backside tailslide on a handrail. Puma had a small team, but they mixed it up with guys from California, the Northeast, and the South. That's probably a good strategy to spread the riders around to different parts of the country.

I've been in a weird slump for skateboarding the last month. I'm not skating bad, it's simply not clicking on every cylinder. I think I'm still getting used to riding 55 mm wheels again, which is taking more time than I expected. Taller wheels are also wider wheels and that will mildly alter things. My trucks are getting worn out as well and that probably has something to do with it, but I want to ride this pair down until I hit axle. It's nice to have the extra speed for the few times I go to the skatepark, but ollies are still popping strangely at times and grinds don't lock in correctly.

Dimitri Elyashkevich was the photographer.

Slap - March 1996 Volume 5 Number 3

No comments: