Friday, July 7, 2023

Tony Hawk #14.



Giant Curb.

Tony dusts off Allen Losi's fakie footplant for 1998. Allen was shown doing this trick on the cover of Thrasher in April 1981. It's probably what sparked the idea for the no-comply.

I've been breaking in new shoes while getting used to new wheels the last two weeks so skateboarding has been mixed. I've mostly been skating fine for me, but not everything feels comfortable. It's my fault for not wearing the shoes more before skating them. I was happy Spitfire started making the 55mm Classics in their regular urethane again, except it has taken some getting used to after two years of 54s. Ollies aren't popping right so I've been making minor truck adjustments here and there. I can't tell if that is helping. Also taller wheels are slightly wider so that's something you have to factor in.

Thomas Campbell was the photographer.

Transworld - May 1998 Volume 16 Number 5

No comments: