Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Chany Jeanguenin #3.



Across the void.

Chany floats a kickflip over parts of a building. He left Planet Earth in the fall of 1997 to start Expedition One. I'm not sure how long he stayed at Mercury, but Chany was firmly on Orion by the middle of 1999. This might have been his only ad.

As near as I could tell, there wasn't always a Mercury advert each month due to a rotation with Planet Earth and Rhythm. I don't think Caine Gayle ever had an ad. The team started to expand with Adrian Lopez, Charlie Wilkins, and Kenny Anderson being added. Heath Kirchart was riding Mercurys as well and I believe those are the trucks he would have been using for Birdhouse's The End video.

The photo could be by Atiba Jefferson, but don't hold me to that.

Transworld - May 1998 Volume 16 Number 5

No comments: