Thursday, October 5, 2023

Kris Markovich #25.



"I'd basically got to the point where I'd put the bolt on one thread and then super-glue it on so it wouldn't fall off. You'd pick up my board and the trucks would just flop back and forth. So for like a year and a half I'd have my trucks this loose and try and do my tricks as fast as I could go."

Kris speaks about how he was influenced by Julien Stranger's loose trucks and the lengths he went to get his trucks as loose as possible. I get the overall appeal of loose trucks, but I often see many beginners riding utterly wobbly setups that make it more difficult to learn how to skateboard. By definition my trucks are loose since the nut is basically flush with the end of the bolt, yet they never feel overly loose. I can turn and carve smoothly while the trucks remain stable for ollies. I say I ride medium trucks for the sake of being different because everybody is either loose or tight.


I dug up a vintage Chomp On This sticker for my current board. How do you even explain that video to anybody that wasn't around when it happened?

For the quote: Thrasher - September 2002 Volume 22 Number 9

Transworld - April 2001 Volume 19 Number 4

No comments: