Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Bobby Puleo #9.



"I wish I could document my skating when there's not a camera around. Sometimes when it's a natural occurrence, like there happens to be a photographer around, I'll say, "Let's film this." But I have to force myself because I know I have to get whatever done. That's when it's the worst; you have to jump through the hoops. It feels terrible to me. When I got out and skate with one or two other people you just feel a freedom. I love that. It's a sacred feeling. Especially late at night, when there's no one out."

Skateboarding's grumpy uncle philosophizes on the hangups of chronicling skateboarding to Patrick O'Dell. I like this quote because sometimes when you do a trick it looks and feels completely different in your head compared to what it looks like on film.

For the quote: Thrasher - July 2001 Volume 21 Number 7

Transworld - March 2002 Volume 20 Number 3

No comments: