Friday, February 26, 2021

Kerry Getz #4.



Hockey Temper launches a gap at Love Park to lipslide. This trick was in his part in Habitat's Mosaic video from 2003.

Real gave Tanner Van Vark the pro nod. I like how that guy is pushing what tricks you can get into without an ollie.

Speaking of Habitat, I enjoyed the Danny Garcia episode of Thrasher's Out There series.

I've got more random scans lined up for the next couple of weeks. I'm also putting together features on Infamous and Natural Koncept.

Sound Zone: I didn't pick up much of anything new in February and have stuck to digging through my collection by listening to stuff I don't play often. I tend to shop for music based on a gut feeling and sometimes I simply don't feel like shopping or even looking. That's not the worst thing ever. A couple of releases did grab my attention for the month. The White Suns have a new record called The Lower Way. This Pittsburgh power trio delivers another bruising and scrapping slab of harsh noise in the vein of Hair Police or Burned Mind era Wolf Eyes. The new tape by Etari on 100% Silk is the exact opposite of The White Suns LP. Rainbow Eucalyptus is a relaxing collection of mellow, echoing synths coupled with fascinating drum programing. I think I'm stuck in the winter doldrums and looking forward to spring.

Ryan Gee took the picture.

Transworld - January 2002 Volume 20 Number 1

No comments: