Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Jason Lemanklewicz.



Jason gives new meaning to attacking the basket.

I am a big basketball fan so any time I can work in a hoops reference, I'll do it. Funny thing is for as much as I like basketball, I don't play at all. I did take a college gym class in it once. I got tired of my hockey loving friends mocking me for liking hoops so I decided I was going to embrace the hate and annoy them with basketball references whenever possible. The class was really mellow. In any of the pickup games we played, I don't think I ever dribbled. I did score a couple points and maybe got a rebound or two. I honestly don't remember much about the class for whatever reason.

Slap - May 1998 Volume 7 Number 5

2 comments:

JCM said...

I'm a big tennis fan. Aside from trying to play a very few matches I've never played. Don't know why. Can't even serve. I think it would improve my appreciation of the game if I learnt to play at least a bit.

Justin said...

I think tennis is probably cool. I've been making a list of things I could do when skateboarding is over and tennis is on it. Although I'm not competitive and don't want to do anything with a score.

I took a badminton course as a college gym credit, too. Some dudes were super into, like being very seriously competitive. My friend and I would just volley the shuttlecock back and forth in a super high arc. It was relaxing. The instructor was an art student who had recently graduated, but was also a softball player so she was an assistant coach for the team. I think she was amused by our effort or lack thereof.