Monday, August 23, 2021

Phil Shao #14.



"I don't have spare time. Whenever I'm not doing one thing, another thing is pressing instantly. From the time I get up to the time I go to sleep, there are things that I want to get done. There's never a time when I'm just sitting there doing nothing, thinking, 'This time is extra.'"

Phil passed away 23 years ago in a car accident. He was pro for Think, Venture, Emerica, and Freedumb, Dan Drehobl's clothing company. Phil was a graduate of UC Berkeley and earned his degree in English while shredding every ramp, park, bowl, and street out there. He was also working at Thrasher and was potentially going to be the next editor of the magazine before his untimely passing.

For the quote: Thrasher - January 1998 Volume 18 Number 1

Slap - February 1998 Volume 7 Number 2

No comments: