Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Devine Calloway #2.



Aim high.

Force was a new truck company started in the summer of 2006 by Greg Carroll. Greg is Mike's brother and has a long resume in the industry, having worked at Think, Girl, and Venture. The pro team was Zered Bassett, Devine Calloway, Javier Nunez, Darrell Stanton, and Mikey Taylor. Torey Pudwill and Eli Reed were the ams. It was a little strange seeing Torey and Eli listed as amateurs in an ad, but this was seventeen years ago after all. I don't believe Force was around for too long and I don't think I ever saw a pair in the wild. I mainly remember the big and bright adverts that ran in the Skateboard Mag. I thought the company might have been a precursor to Ace Trucks, although that doesn't appear to be the case.

The Skateboard Mag - September 2006 Issue 30

2 comments:

Nonickname said...

Normally even if I haven't seen the specific ad used in your post I at least know of the company...but not this one.

Justin said...

Force was not around long at all, as far as I can tell. They look kind of like Thunders and Destructos. Google will turn up some pictures. I don't think they advertised anywhere other than the Skateboard Mag, but I might be wrong. For whatever reason, the bold Air Force style logo stuck in my mind all these years. Not to be confused with 4CE shoes of about the same time.