Monday, February 13, 2023

Mike "Lizard King" Plumb #3.



"Hanging out at Black, Heath Kirchart was telling me he recently played Lizard King at BATB. 'I won and he was pissed - so pissed he left the building.' Eventually Heath went outside to check on him. 'What's up? Are you seriously that bummed?' Lizard responded something like, I don't know. I didn't think you could beat me! I guess they hugged it out or whatever. We're cracking up and Heath adds, 'I don't know why he thought he could beat me. I studied his video parts - he can only do like four or five flip tricks!'" - Jon Miner

Of course Heath would study video parts for a game of SKATE. Sorry to bust on you, Lizard, but I thought we could use a little bit of levity for the day.

Yoon Sul took the photo.

For the quote: Thrasher - December 2022 Volume 43 Number 12

Thrasher - November 2008 Volume 28 Number 11

5 comments:

Nonickname said...

That's bizarre- especially if you knew back in the Foundation/Birdhouse days Heath could be a tech as anyone. Know your history kids...and lizards.

Justin said...

Heath had some switch school yard tricks in either Mosaic or Mindfield. I am drawing a blank on which video. It might have even both. Did he do a switch kickflip to switch boardslide down a handrail once?

Nonickname said...

Not sure...but I did look up the BATB referenced and Mike at the end says a snarky "good refereeing out there" to Daniel Castillo who called him for a re-do. So yep, he was not a happy camper as they say.

Justin said...

I might have to look that up.

Justin said...

I found it. It was a fairly even game. Both did some bangers and both did a couple sloppy tricks. Heath had the benefit of going first.