Friday, February 3, 2023

Massimo Cavedoni.



Massimo is from Irvine, California. Real, Thunder, Spitfire, and Vans were his sponsors. He shared a part with Robbie Brockel in Real's Since Day One video from 2011. His skating was a lot of smooth Cali ledge tech. Massimo is still listed on the team page for Real.

Liberty switched up their ad style in later half of 2007. The photos and designs were not always coming in as hot.

The winter has been on the mild side around here lately so I've gotten skateboarding in a bunch over the last month. Also I've only skated outside - no indoor parks, although I've been meaning to get over to Jamestown Skateboard Products again. There have been no cheap sessions either. A couple short ones, but nothing cheap. I set up a new board on January 2nd and it's kind of wearing out fast. I think the most impressive trick I've done since November is not getting mud on the grip of either board I've ridden during that time. I dug through my stack of old decks and the board I was riding last winter was covered in mud. It was gross.

I really have to figure out some new scans for here. I have a week of Venture in reserve, but I'm drawing a blank on ideas and haven't found anything inspiring. I wanted to track down some random little articles from Big Brother that I'm not sure even exist so that became a wild goose chase I gave up on.

• Did Dave Carnie write something about heavy metal and hockey that included a reference to Buffalo Sabres winger Miroslav Satan? I thought there was even a picture of Satan in the mag.

• Did Big Brother ever find a list from Transworld about how TWS wanted to present skateboarding - sunny days, green grass, big handrails, etc. - and make their own rebuttal list? Am I imagining that?

I'm going to dig around and see if I can piece together some ideas this weekend. Feel free to leave any suggestions in the comments. Easy, one page scans preferred. Thanks.

Slap - October 2007 Volume 16 Number 10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a “the many phases of…” series for pros who have been on a number of companies. You could feature an iconic ad from each of the board brands they were associated with. Thinking Ron Allen, Markovich… heck, you could fill TWO weeks with Vallely alone.
Love this BLOG, BTW: I check it on the daily.
Thank you for keeping it rolling.

jaybird said...

Early January I was so eager to skate I hit the wet parking lot with a new board & Swiss bearings.
The wheels may have gotten soft but I didn’t care. I skated one more time & the board felt fine well I think so. I’ve got a new curb spot by my house but I need to get the rub brick out. It’s California I have no reason to complain.

Anonymous said...

Dude I miss this guy from highschool . Use to always hook me up with stickers. Massimo hit me up it’s Javier !! Igotmyownback@gmail.com I’m still in “ I town “