Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Lucas Puig.



The hi-tech Frenchman.

Lucas is from Toulouse, France. He is pro for Cliché and has ridden for them for the bulk of his career. He dropped a strong part in Lakai's Fully Flared in 2007. Lucas later switched to adidas and has a pro model shoe with the three stripes. His part in Cliché's Bon Voyage from 2013 was full of refined technical street skating. It's progression without getting yucky. Lucas also rides for Fourstar, Independent, and Autobahn Wheels. He runs a hat company called Hélas Caps.

I finally hit up the skateboard park last night. It was warmer, but really windy. Besides the wind, it was fun to actually roll around outside. I don't think I need to worry about getting new bearings until all the sand has been swept away, which might take some time.

It's hard to believe Fully Flared is now seven years old. I watched a bunch of it yesterday. I think there is going to be a week of Rick Howard sometime soon. Nothing that hasn't been on the internet already, but whatever.

I need to do some scanning as 2009 is coming to an end. There was a bunch of good stuff in 2010, but I'm not going to touch that until next year. I've got a week of Toy Machine ready to go so that will probably be next. I want to put together a week of women skateboarders, but I haven't done much research on that as yet. I also want to have posts on gimmick products. I don't have anything scanned for that yet.

The photo sequence is by Oliver Barton.

Transworld - April 2009 Volume 27 Number 4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

check out my local spot
http://www.thrashville.blogspot.com
www.thrashville.org
Can't wait for gimmick week!

Justin said...

I added you to the links. Calling it a rod & gun club is hilarious.

The good news: Gimmick week is probably going to end up being closer to two weeks.

The bad news: It won't be happening for a little bit. I haven't even begun to look for stuff yet, but I figure it will come together pretty quickly.