Thursday, November 2, 2017

Chet Childress #7.



"Making art helps me pass these raining, dreary days. Riding my bike and skateboard in traffic on dry days makes me feel young again. When a car honks at me, I laugh. Oh, you're in your car and you're in a hurry? To do what? I'm out here in traffic not wasting our resources called gas. Sometimes I get my kicks by flying by ten cars stuck in traffic. I see their eyes and they're in such a hurry - suckers."

Ludacrooks reflects on living life in Portland, Oregon.

Jeff Kendall snapped the photo.

For the quote: Transworld - March 2009 Volume 27 Number 3

Thrasher - August 1996 Volume 16 Number 8

4 comments:

Rikku Markka said...

You gotta have a Jason Adams ad to end the week, right?

Also,I think it would have been fitting for Chet to ride for them when Navs asked him to when the brand was starting back up.

Justin said...

Nope. He only had one ad and I posted it here already. The Kid wasn't on Creature very long before leaving for Scarecrow. Things are starting to get a little thin for some stuff.

From a 2008 or 9 Thrasher interview:

Michael Burnett: Could Chet ever get back on Creature?

Navs: No. Sorry, Chet. But no. I asked him in the very beginning. I asked him three times, and I said, “Okay, this is the last time I’m going to ask you,” and he broke out his Ebonics and that was it. I can feel the tears welling up in his eyes while he reads this.

nonickname said...

Maybe they're in a hurry to get to Nike to ship your shoes, or maybe they need to be at the art store to sell you paint for your repetitive paintings. Who knows? But I get it, you're outside the norm...and let everyone know it all the time. Now excuse me I have to get to work (grumble grumble)

Unknown said...

Whoa, nice key fact about cheture, corny I know, but would have been good fit and a paycheck.