Monday, June 27, 2022

Julien Stranger #28.



Stranger takes flight over a small bench at the China Banks. T-Funk would go yard and blast a frontside ollie over a longer bench 27 years later.

This photo always pops up and gets cropped to omit the ad, which maybe isn't the worst thing ever, but it is a solid piece of graphic design. Long time readers will know that one of my pet peeves is when ads or photos get cropped. I do it as well from time to time, but at least make note of the editing.

A recent collaboration between Supreme and Anti-Hero has brought a little joy to people by seeing legends like Julien, John Cardiel, Brian Anderson, and Mark Gonzales skate around NYC with Tyshawn Jones and Kader Sylla. Here's an old ad from the early days of Supreme:



It's a week of filler. I just wasn't ready to post the week of Grind King Trucks I scanned in on Saturday night. I also landed a switch frontside flip yesterday. I started messing around with switch flips on flat and the one I landed happened to go 180. It was the silliest thing I've done on a skateboard in a while. It was caught clean and turned smoothly, but completely unexpected. I guess all those switch 180s I do helped out or something.

Julien: Thrasher - April 1994 Volume 14 Number 4

Supreme: Thrasher - September 1994 Volume 14 Number 9

No comments: