Monday, October 17, 2022

City Skateboards.



We ain't going to the town, we're going to the city.

City was started in 2005 out of Street Corner Distribution, the home of Think, Venture, Hubba Wheels, and Lucky Bearings. They went with a more metropolitan look for graphics and ads. The initial team included veterans Pete Eldridge and Mike Maldonado. I don't think either had an ad. Alex Klein, Russ Milligan, Tony Montgomery, Jeremy Reeves, Terell Robinson, and Jason Wakuzawa rounded out the squad. They closed up shop and moved out to the country around about 2010. A couple of the riders were shuffled over to Think with the rest being left to fend for themselves out on the streets.

Thrasher - May 2005 Volume 25 Number 5

2 comments:

nonickname said...

and now I have "...And make this place a heart to be a part of..." in my head.

also skating in your driveway, guessing the box shown in an earlier post. Did you use a set of plans from somewhere or just freehand it so to speak? Its already fall here with the temps and rain to match, so a woodworking chore might be a good idea.

Justin said...

It's funny. One of my friends who previously liked Interpol hated that song.

I basically freestyled the box. I'll email you some pics at some point. It's 2' wide by 6' long since the Home Depot here has 6' pieces of 1 1/2" angle iron. I'd rather use the 2" since you lock on better, but that's what they had and I didn't have to talk to anybody about getting it cut. The rest is squared up with 2x4s. Whatever thicker plywood they had with masonite on top. It's not too heavy, but it's not light either. I use a little handcart to move it. Angle iron is held on with liquid nail plus a countersunk screw in each end. I used screws to attach the masonite, except for by the angle iron. I put some liquid nail on the plywood so there wouldn't be any screws to catch your wheels.