Wednesday, January 4, 2023

John Shanahan #2.



It's a DC ad masquerading as a Venture ad. So I guess I didn't get my favorite truck brand in the 2022 recap properly, but I've got some V-Force scans planned for the future. I like how DC has recaptured their fresh swagger from the late 90s with some well crafted reissues and new models to go with a crew of younger rippers rocking baggy jeans and shredding Phillie. If I was a sneaker head, I'd probably add a pair into my footwear rotation.

John was my sleeper pick for SOTY based on two still photos he had in Thrasher. One was of a backside air over a kicker box in Costa Rica and the other was a straight up ollie over that one brick bank spot that I cannot recall the name of.

RIP Ken Block.

Mike Heikkila took the photo.

Thrasher - December 2022 Volume 43 Number 12

No comments: