Friday, March 31, 2023

Lucas Puig #5.



"I actually grew up on the 411 Best Of 4 (1997). I got it with a Tricks (former French magazine). That was really the VHS tape all the kids I knew had at that point. It had Andrew Reynolds, Marc Johnson, Jay "SAD" Stephens - it was legend style. SAD with the little towel. Legend. I actually was at Hooters once with Jason Rogers and Joey Brezinski recently and they were saying like, 'Hey, SAD is gonna come through.' I was just like, 'SAD who? SAD from 411?' Sure enough, there was SAD, looking exactly the same. He starts telling me he's into my skating. The whole time I was fanning out."

I'm not sure which is more epic. This story or the switch kickflip.

The picture is by Dave Chami.

For the quote: Transworld - October 2011 Volume 29 Number 10

Thrasher - December 2012 Volume 32 Number 12

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SAD does some nice cooking demos in his IG feed.

Nonickname said...

8x32 or 8.1x32.1 - oh the choices!

Justin said...

I'd be good with either of those sizes. Either nobody knows how to use a ruler or skateboards are getting shorter these days. I'm not liking it.