Friday, May 17, 2024

Peter Hewitt #19.




Nifty, nifty, Hewitt's fifty.

Long time vert and pool ripper Peter Hewitt hit the 50 year old mark somewhat recently.

When Hewitt and Al Partanen did the loop in Mexico that was set up for Birdhouse's The End, was it ever documented or did they simply do it for the sake of doing it? I assume that somebody would've taken photos. I believe they helped build the loop, too. I know Tony Hawk asked them to keep it a secret until after the video was out, but it seems like enough time has passed to let any footage see the light of day. Although I think I kind of prefer the loop story as a story. It's getting boring how everything is documented these days.

Spitfire: Thrasher - September 2009 Volume 29 Number 9

Anti-Hero: Thrasher - April 2012 Volume 32 Number 4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only footage I have ever seen of Peter at the ramp in Mexico was in his 411VM Profile, issue #33. He does the loop, but he whooshes out just as he gets to flat and slams on his back and hits his head hard. Luckily, he was wearing a helmet.

--Rikku Markka