Monday, July 22, 2024

Seek.



Searching for the nonexistent.

Seek was a third board line launched by the Alien Workshop in 2002. I want to say it was intended as kind of super team company. Rob Dyrdek and Josh Kalis made the in-house hop over from Alien with Colin McKay being added from Girl. Stevie Williams was supposed to jump from Chocolate, but opted to stay put at the last moment. Florentin Marfaing was the fourth original team rider. Seek lasted a couple of years before everybody went their own ways. I like how they used a contemporary photo for the debut ad instead of going with a stock photo.

I did this batch of scans in Affinity. I'm getting the hang of the program. It's kind of clunky for color leveling and piecing together files, but I'm learning to deal with the quirks.

The photograph is by Jon McGrath.

Transworld - June 2000 Volume 20 Number 6

2 comments:

Nonickname said...

If the gentleman's shoes in that ad had a large N on the side I think they'd be a hot commodity these days.

Justin said...

Probably. Metal detecting is also a thing. I think dudes do it just to get out of the house and away from the wife for a couple of hours.