Monday, September 21, 2026

Chris Senn #15.


Etnies America.

I decided to take a look at the transformation of Etnies to Emerica for the next two weeks. The publicly visible part of the change happened in 1996 and moved along from month to month in the ads that ran in Thrasher. I'm sure there was more behind the scenes stuff that took longer, but the advertisements create an easy to follow chronological breakdown of what happened. I'm going by memory so things might end up a tad hazy. Anyway, this Etnies ad has the company listed as Etnies America. I'm considering it the starting point of the changeover.

Chris Senn is in peak SOTY form in this ad. His son Anakin makes a guest appearance. It's wild to think the kid would grow up to be a pro skateboarder like his dad.

Thrasher - March 1996 Volume 16 Number 3

No comments: