Monday, April 24, 2023

Conhuir Lynn.



Soulfull pipe skating.

$lave was started in 2007 by artist Ben Horton with backing from Jamie Thomas, who had quite the skateboard empire going at the time. A couple of the team riders shuffled over from Zero and Mystery. They also found a few fresh new faces. Their big video was Radio-Television from 2009, which I've never seen. I believe it had a big impact on the younger generation of skaters that year, but I missed it in the shuffle. It happens. As I've said before, I'm a fan of Ben's art and dig the $lave ads. I don't think the company is still going today, but I might be wrong about that.

Conhuir is from Belfast, Ireland. He rode for Blueprint and $lave. His footwear sponsors included Etnies, DC, and Vox. He's into cooking, guitar playing, and cycling. Conhuir had a pretty solid frontside flip and some all around street skills.

The photo is probably by Stuart Robinson.

Thrasher - January 2008 Volume 28 Number 1

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Radio-Televison is very good. Take the time to check it out.

--Rikku .Markka

nonickname said...

I tired to get one of their "Weapons of Bass Destruction" trucker hats sent to the frozen north - it was move convoluted than a Dan Brown plot - so I ended up with an Expedition One hat from when Wu Welsh made them into a hunting and fishing themed company.

Justin said...

Ah, Rob's country phase.

I have started watching Radio-Television. It feels like an eternity ago.

Justin said...

I watched most of Radio-Television. It definitely could have been shorter. It matched the art and mood of the ads, which was cool, but it got repetitive after a while so I gave up. The music was so-so, but also very much of a video from 2009.