Friday, April 14, 2023

Corey Duffel #6.



"I actually have a dollar from Drake Jones from when I was twelve. Drake bet me a dollar that I couldn't kickflip the stairs at Hubba Hideout first try. It was on my twelfth birthday and I still have the dollar bill to this day."

Corey talks about the perks of growing up skateboarding in California. Once he was supposed to give his sponsor me tape to Karl Watson, but missed Karl at the time they were going to meet and wound up running into Greg Carroll instead. Greg would go on to give him Think boards and Venture trucks. Also Corey shares my opinion on Jake Johnson's part in Mindfield, that it is great skating paired with a lackluster song. He would have been on Ruckus Trucks before switching back to Venture for this ad. I believe he is still on Venture to this day.

I put new wheels on my board. They are nice and noseslides slide way better now. I'm still not sold on my new board. It being a hair too short in the tail makes ollies awkward and throws things off. Nollies and pop shove-its are fine. It's amazing how one minor difference can basically sour a good time.

For the quote and info: Transworld - September 2009 Volume 27 Number 9

Slap - November 2007 Volume 16 Number 11

No comments: