Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Mark Gonzales #28.



"I called it Blind. Steve Rocco wanted to call it Square One, The Beginning. I liked Blind not because it was the opposite of Vision, but because of the Talking Heads song. It goes 'Blind, blind, blind, blind, blind, blind.' I really liked that song, it stuck in my head. I wrote it out a few times and I liked the letters with the B and D at the end."

A blurry blind man does a boneless.

Forties only ran four ads in this style so I needed something else to fill out the week.



I checked out the new park in Springville, New York this past Sunday. It was finished in the summer of 2022. I'm not really sure what I think of it. The park is on the small side, as in it isn't very wide. There's also a couple quarters, banks, and a tiny pump track that didn't make the photo. Everything was also oddly sloped downhill, which I assume might have to do with drainage. I don't mean it was downhill as in you'd pick up speed without pushing, it was tilted. The approach to the small curb/ledge in the picture was taking you away from it as you got closer. The run up to the ledge in the back on the right was also angled so it was very slightly sloping down. It's like the idea of building a regular ledge on a flat surface is now an engineering impossibility. Anyway, enough of my snarky review. In general it was nice. Once you skated it a few times to get the hang of the particularities, it would be fun as long as it wasn't overly crowded.

For the quote: Transworld - January 2012 Volume 30 Number 1

Slap - October 1999 Volume 8 Number 10

No comments: