Monday, December 4, 2023

Dub Brand Weather Gear.



Ride the fader.

Dub Brand Weather Gear was a clothing company in the late 1990s and early 2000s. It was started at the end of the 90s by Droors Clothing as a streetwear brand with a focus on designs for seasonal weather. Droors and DC parted ways in 1998, hence the Merge Distribution title to cover both Droors and Dub. I don't recall exactly when Dub started. It might have been launched when Droors was still at DC or just after the split. The company was a concrete/powder crossover entity and I think they also sponsored snowboarders. Dub appears to be currently in business making snowboards and the corresponding clothing.

I swear there were some different ads for Dub, but I couldn't find 'em. I also didn't look very hard and went with one pagers out of convenience. John Shananan's gear in his recent video reminded me of the clothing line and I was mildly surprised none of their ads had been added to the internet.

The photo is by Mike Blabac.

Transworld - October 2000 Volume 18 Number 10

1 comment:

Justin said...

Here's some info on Dub from the glorious Transworld Business:

https://www.skateboarding.com/news/denim-wars