Monday, December 11, 2023

Pontus Alv #7.



The Old World.

I rewatched the part Pontus had in The Strongest of the Strange recently. His 360 flips are so good. He pops the board super hard and it makes a loud smack when it returns to his feet. It's worth checking out again if you haven't seen it in a while.

When I posted a week of Cliché back in March, I used newer ads from when they were distributed by Dwindle. This round of scans is from their early days when they were gaining traction in the states. I watched their Europa video from 2001 yesterday so the skaters for the week will reflect that.

Pontus would have joined up with Cliché after riding for Arcade at the turn of the century. He still looks young in Europa.

I forgot on Friday that DGK has a new video out called Amen that concludes with a going pro part for Brian Reid. Congrats, Brian.

The photographs are by Jesper Nilsson and Olivier Chassignole.

Thrasher - June 2001 Volume 21 Number 6

1 comment:

Justin said...

Work has been super busy and I didn't feel like scanning new stuff so I"m using this batch of Cliché scans. I only did some quick research so if things are oversimplified that's why.