Friday, December 22, 2023

Natas Kaupas & Jason Dill.






Two 101 Men.

I like how Natas had a late 1990s resurgence of skate coverage. It was good to have him back on board and all the air time at foreign skateparks was surprising to see. He was also helping guys on Element who didn't have a shoe sponsor get some kicks.

I dig that backside kickflip by Dill. You don't see him skate stairs all that often. He was also on Quicksilver, which feels like even more of an eternity ago. Remember when Dill said he was skating in $200 Diesel jeans and that seemed excessive, but very much in character for him?

I hope everybody has a great holiday and weekend.

The photo of Dill in NYC is by Ryan Gee.

Kickflip: Transworld - October 1999 Volume 17 Number 10

Hip ollie: Transworld - April 2000 Volume 18 Number 4

Front crooks: Transworld - March 2000 Volume 18 Number 3

Backside flip: Transworld - October 2000 Volume 18 Number 10

1 comment:

Justin said...

Vert Is Dead is off until Wednesday. I'm not sure what I'm doing. There might be three posts or only one. Or maybe two. I'm not kidding when I say I don't know what I'm doing. There's one post I know I want to do, but I have to figure out what I've scanned already along with scanning what is left. Tune in next week to find out.