Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Adrian Lopez & Jamie Thomas.






25 years of misleading the youth.

Zero's second video was released in the spring of 1999. I bought their Anthology 1996-2006 DVD box set in December since it was really cheap and had all the early vids. I'm so bad at watching videos these days that I'm not sure why I bothered to grab it, but I'm glad I did. I've never been a big Zero fan, but their first two videos brought something different to skateboarding at the time and I like that.

Jaime started Zero when he was still riding for Toy Machine in 1996 as a t-shirt line out of Tum Yeto. Zero quickly became Jaime's project and naturally evolved into a board company. I think Adrian was the very first team rider, dating back to the clothing only days. He did some backside tailslides that look effortless for his part in Misled Youth. This boardslide is in his part, too.

I threw in the team ad since I didn't know where it fit in exactly. I didn't want to leave it out, especially since it had the sequence of Jud Ferguson.

The photos are by Atiba Jefferson and someone named Davidson. His full name might be Keith Eric Davidson.

Back tail: Transworld - September 1998 Volume 16 Number 9

Front blunt: Transworld - October 1998 Volume 16 Number 10

Both: Transworld - March 1999 Volume 17 Number 3

Team: Transworld - January 1999 Volume 17 Number 1

No comments: