Friday, February 2, 2024

Leo Romero #14.



Silver Shoes.

Leo's Skater part from Emerica was probably my favorite video of 2023. There's so much skateboarding to take in that it is better to not try to keep up with all of it. As for full length videos, I really liked Dan Rusin's Great Northern and Magnetic Tape & Soul by Threads Collective. Threads is probably doing some of the best work by referencing obscure older skaters and tricks in approximately the same way I'm picking out stuff for this website, at least back when I started it. I think that wraps up my haphazard review of the last twelve months.

Baker went big with a three pager to announce Leo was added to the team. He had previously been on Foundation and would leave for Toy Machine after a couple of years. Here's the teaser:



Vert Is Dead will be back on Monday, February 12th.

I'm actually getting out of town for a couple days and I've gotten a little behind at things so a break is a good idea right now.

Thrasher - February 2006 Volume 26 Number 2

No comments: