Monday, September 29, 2008

Duane Pitre #1.



"One - footed gap ollie, Torrance, CA"

Spike Jonze took the photo of Pitre. I think this is a bad ass pic. After pro skateboarding, Pitre was in a band called Camera Obscura. They played at Arkansas while I was there for grad school, but I missed them because it was over the summer when I was home on vacation. I believe he is still making music. I'm not sure what the name of his band is currently. I know, I know, I could just google that shit, but I don't feel like it right now. Maybe tomorrow at work.

Note: There is another band called Camera Obscura presently on Merge Records. They are from Scotland and not the same group.

Transworld - August 1992 Volume 10 Number 8

4 comments:

smorales said...

yes, with spike on the photog, so good.

Keith said...

The shadow on that pic looks amazing.

Pitre was one of my favourites along with Dyrdek back in the Footage and Memory Screen years.

Anonymous said...

I met Duane once when he was on tour with a band called Interstate-10. A friend and I were arguing if it was Duane Pitre or not so after the show I just went up to him and asked him point blank and sure enough, it was him. He was really cool too.

Anonymous said...

i saw him about a year ago and told him he is the only pro from New Orleans ever and he was bummed, haha fuckin awesome. this dude killed it and rarely ever skated.