Friday, September 19, 2008

Julien Stranger #5.



Aw crap. The week slipped by and I didn't scan in anything new like I planned. But then I found this while going through some Thrashers from 1999. The whole time frame from 1997 to 2000 was one of my favorite times to skateboard. I haven't ever stopped skating, but it was getting pretty boring without many spots in my town during the mid 90s. Then I went to grad school at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville and met a bunch of people who were down to ride. Plus there was the Skate Station and a lot of other spots around Northwest Arkansas. Skateboarding also started to become more popular at this point, which was a good thing because it meant the Skate Station was making enough money to fix up the ramps. Life is a lot better when there is a decent indoor mini ramp within walking distance of your apartment.

Thrasher - March 1999 Volume 19 Number 3

2 comments:

Keith said...

That's a great sequence of Julien. I forget sometimes how awesome his style is. He has an amazing push and he quick carves.

smorales said...

rule one: accept julien as your savior